The Saint-Roch Chapel

The Saint-Roch Chapel

It is the only rural chapel saved from disappearance thanks to a restoration carried out by Father Matt, parish priest of La Turbie in 1940.

This chapel was dedicated to St. Roch to whom the Turbians sent their
prayers during the terrible plague epidemics. There are also accounts that in those times, the condemned would gather there the night before their capital execution on the pillory of Mount Justicier, located opposite. One of the forks still stands there.

Practical infos
Opening period : All year round, daily.
Autumn Summer Winter Spring
Address : Chemin de Saint-Roch / 06320 / La Turbie
Reservation :

Additional details
  • Langues d’accueil
    • French
  • Price list
    Tarifs : Free of charge.

    Method of payment :
  • Housing capacity