La Brigue: An authentic medieval village
At the gates of the Mercantour National Park, this authentic village has a remarkable heritage with many important historical monuments and, let’s not forget to mention, the breeding of the famous brigasque sheep.
Located at 762 meters above sea level, La Brigue is surrounded by mountains and breathtaking landscapes.
Its vast territory is ideal for visitors looking to indulge in sporting activities (hiking, via ferrata, mountain biking, etc.), as well as for those who enjoy history and tradition.
La Brigue main attractions:
- Notre-Dame des Fontaines Chapel
- Lascar’s Castle
- Pont du Coq (Rooster Bridge)
- Saint-Martin Collegiate Church
- Assomption Chapel
- Annonciade Chapel
- Saint-Michel Chapel
- The stone enclosures that protect the beehives (“Bee Houses”)
- Musée du patrimoine brigasque (Brigasque Heritage Museum)