Gorbio: A small village perched at an altitude of 360 meters
Perched above Menton and Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, Gorbio is an authentic village.
Its porticoes houses, vaulted passageways, arched doors and its 300-year-old Elm tree give it the charm of a warm and welcoming village.
Its exceptional geographical location offers unique panoramas of the coast and the mountains.
Gorbio main attractions:
- Castle of the Counts Alziari de Mallaussene (Château des Comtes Alziari de Malaussène)
- Ruins of Lascar’s Castle
- Old communal bread oven (Rue du Four)
- Elm Tree – 1713 (tree classified among the 100 most remarkable trees in France)
- Old wash house (Avenue de Verdun)
- Fountain in the town hall square
- Saint Barthelemy Church (Garibaldi street)
- Chapel of the White Penitents
- Saint-Roch Chapel
- Saint-Lazare Chapel
- Chapel of the Immaculate Conception
- Lascar’s Tower (Tour Lascaris)
- Cultural Center – RAZA Donation
- Old presbytery