Breil-sur-Roya, a village at the Roya shore
At 300 meters’ altitude and halfway between the sea and mountains, Breil-sur-Roya has an ideal location:
- 25 km from Mediterranean beaches,
- 1 hour from the cross-country ski trails of Casterino and the Italian resort of Limone.
Thanks to its location, this town in the Roya Valley has a microclimate with mild temperatures and relatively mild off-seasons. This ideal climate enables the cultivation of olive and mimosa trees. Rich with natural and cultural history Breil-sur-Roya has been labeled the “Land of Art and History” by the Ministry of Culture.
With its old houses with arched porches and crystal-clear water canyons ideal for white-water sports, Breil-sur-Roya is a rich playground for both culture lovers and sports enthusiasts.
Breil-sur-Roya main attractions:
- Notre-Dame-du-Mont Chapel (Chapelle Notre-Dame-du-Mont)
- Genoa Gate (Porte de Gênes)
- Cupera Mill (Moulin d’A Cupera)
- Santa-Maria-in-Albis Church (Eglise Santa-Maria-in-Albis)
- Chapel of Mercy (Chapelle de la Miséricorde)
- Notre-Dame-des-Grâces Chapel
- Cruella Tower (Tour de la Cruella)
- Sainte-Catherine Chapel
- Saint-Antoin Chapel
- Crottes Chapel (les Crottés)
- The artificial lake
- Ecomuseum of Transport (écomusée des transports)
- Saint-Jean Bell Tower (clocher Saint-Jean)
- Chapel of Mercy
- Notre-Dame-des-Graces Chapel